I haven’t posted for a while because I’ve been busy training my employees following the system I talked about in a previous post Are You a Work ‘Droid?’ and I have realised I should have been hiring people a long time ago. However I wanted to refocus on my internet marketing road map.
There are a a tonne of ways ‘you can do’ internet marketing and a tonne of ways to make money. There’s even more ways to fail. I’m going to be totally open and just tell you how I do it. I am confident of being able to tell you this and be totally honest about how I do it because it’s no big secret. You just have to DO IT!
If you know it already then great I hope that what I am about to tell you helps keep you focussed, if you don’t know how to do it then this is how. These are the actual steps you can take to grow a business to make money online..
- Research Keywords with Googles Keyword Tool
- Check SEO page rank for competition
- Research eBay Pulse /Amazon reviews / Clickbank/Kindle reviews etc..
- Check Google trends
- Check commercial intent of keywords
- Check PPC ads for competition
- Choose one Bullseye keyword and a few similar keywords as your main keywords.
- Buy domain name
- Setup a website WordPress is the best platform as I write this. the quickest way to setup wordpress sites is to use the best web hosting Hostgator and use fantastico to install wordpess with a few clicks.
- Setup your website for SEO (Read Googles Guide for Webmasters)
- Setup analytics Google Analytics is free. I also use Getclicky with a ‘spy’ feature so you can see visitors interact with your website in real time.
- Setup your pages – include a sales page and a lead capture page
- Write your first and second post
- Start a PPC campaign.
- Start getting a few links and push marketing by:
- Blogging, article marketing, directory submissions, high page rank links, social media, video marketing, and the list goes on..
- Improve and constantly test your sales pages and ads with Website Optimizer
- Build from there. Whatever you are selling or marketing for affiliate revenue.
If you are selling physical products sell them in more places: eBay, Amazon, Bonanza, Google product search, ecrator, Shopping Comparison channels and the list goes on.
- Create your own affiliate program with 1automationwiz.com.
- Sell related products/services to your successful products/services, also promote other products as an affiliate, cross sell-upsell.
- And start all over again building your websites, linking your websites etc..
If you manage to do this and you are making money, keep feeding content into your system, keep building traffic sources, keep posting articles, keep talking about your products and services, keep growing your email lists.
After you’ve done all that without getting distracted along the way or without being diverted without you even knowing it, and you are still making money – well done you’re a star!
You then have more choices to make..
You can sustain and continue to grow your business yourself, or you can hire people to help you or do it for you – and start new seedling businesses.
You have to keep reinvesting time and /or money into your business to keep it growing.
Each and EVERY step above is a potential road block. Each step can take months of training if your are new to the area. Each step can be a potential mine-field and most people stop because they get stuck, get lost somewhere along the way or diverted without even knowing it.
So I made this post to remind both you and myself not to get distracted from a time-tested process for building businesses online and making money. Even if the tools change or the platforms change or more marketing platforms are added over time, this is the process no matter what new shiny object or latest marketing platform is released.
AHHH, I feel better already for writing that.
Now back to work!
Do you have a road map..